Volunteer at the BMA!
Donate your time and your talent!
Volunteers play an integral role in offering exciting and educational experiences for the Museum’s 200,000+ annual visitors. Join us in our mission of providing an environment that inspires creativity, encourages learning, and fosters human understanding in a place where everyone feels welcome.
The Museum is seeking enthusiastic Greeters to assist in welcoming and orienting visitors to the Museum and to help with on-site promotion of programs and exhibitions. Responsibilities include providing general information about the Museum and its collection, distributing Museum floor plans and other printed materials, directing visitors to the Box Office and collection galleries, and assisting with audio tours. Greeters may also help with Box Office and Welcome Desk general operations.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand for 4 hours
- Willingness to commit to a regular volunteer shift
- Knowledge of art history and Baltimore area desirable
Greeters will be scheduled for 4-hour shifts and must commit to a minimum of 8 hours per month
Attendance at training sessions and continuing education programs is required.