A strong endowment ensures an institution's stability and viability—and demonstrates the community's commitment to its long-range fiscal well-being. Today, the BMA's current endowment ranks below its peer institutions. By increasing the operating endowment by at least 50 percent we can ensure that the Museum will have the resources to embrace the future with confidence.
- Offer free admission in perpetuity
- Organize more ground-breaking exhibitions like Pissaro: Creating the Impressionist Landscape which the Baltimore Sun called “a sparkling exhibition”
- Harness digital technologies to bring our collections and exhibitions to people around the world
- Expand community engagement by forging new partnerships with educational and civic organizations
- Attract and retain top curators and conservators
- Create a Center for Matisse Studies, capitalizing on the largest Matisse collection in the world, as well as the growing body of BMA-generated scholarship
- Maintain cutting-edge conservation facilities
We invite you to join us as we shine a light on the BMA.
Contact us for more information.