FAPA supports the BMA’s pioneering and dynamic collections of art from Africa, the Pacific, and the Americas and promotes interest in the art of these cultures within the diverse communities of Baltimore. Members enjoy curator-led tours of exhibitions, special museum events, small group consultations, and visits to private collections. For more information, please call 443-573-1745.
- Opportunities to interact with curators from the Department of the Arts of Africa, the Americas, Asia, and the Pacific Islands
- Exclusive access to private collections of art from Africa, the Pacific and the Americas
- Lectures from local and visiting experts
- Private tours of museums and collections throughout the region
- Special viewings of works in the collection not currently on display
- Behind-the-scenes events at the BMA, including workshops with conservators, registrars, and curators
Sunday, September 14, Noon-1 p.m.
Interested in planning FAPA’s future? All members are welcome to participate in the FAPA Board Meeting to share their ideas. The meeting will be followed by a screening of In and Out of Africa (see below).
Film Screening: In and Out of Africa Sunday, September 14, 1–3 p.m. Enjoy the 1992 film about the transport of wood carvings from West Africa to the United States, followed by an opportunity for discussion. RSVP required. For more information, call 443-573-1745.
Private Collection Visit Saturday, October 26, 2–4 p.m. View Asif Shaikh's personal collection of art, which features noted Oron figures, a gelede mask by Ali Amonikoyi, and excellent Lwalwa masks, as well as European decorative arts. RSVP required. For more information, call 443-573-1745.
100 Day Celebration
September 23-December 31
Celebrate the BMA's 100th anniversary with 100 days of special events, activities, contests, and surprises.
Conservation Lecture on Reinstalling the African Art Collection
Grand Reopening of the African and Asian Collections!
Sunday, April 26, 2015
Symposium at the BMA
Collection Visit to the Home of Barry and Toby Hecht
For more information on upcoming events or to join FAPA, contact Aden Weisel at 443-573-1745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.