The Baltimore Museum of Art remains closed to stop the spread of COVID-19
- All staff and visitors to the BMA are required to wear masks and answer two questions about their exposure to COVID-19.
- Visitors who arrive without a mask will be provided one by the museum.
- Hand sanitizer stations are installed throughout the BMA and signage on the floors and walls have been placed to help visitors maintain six feet of social distance and inform them of capacity limits in different areas.
- No appointments are needed to see the BMA's Sculpture Gardens, which will remain open Wednesdays through Sundays, from 10 a.m. to dusk, if weather conditions permit. Visitors can also see SHAN Wallace: The Avenue, a new five-part mural by the Baltimore-based artist that is covering the fence on the west side of the building.
- The BMA Shop will be open during visitors' appointments. You can shop online at any time at shop.artbma.org. Shipments may take 1-3 weeks to arrive.
It pains us to limit access to the galleries, as we've heard from so many visitors what a valuable respite they offer during these difficult times. We hope in doing our part to slow the spread of the virus in the community now that we will be able to open again soon.
We will continue to offer digital experiences to audiences everywhere. Below are some of the highlights.
Free Family Sundays and Art-To-Go
Virtual Gallery Walks
Watch Virtual Gallery Walk videos for a glimpse of 2020 Vision exhibitions that opened this fall, including A Perfect Power: Motherhood and African Art and Adelyn Breeskin: Curating a Legacy. We also have an overview of our museum galleries on our collection landing page.
BMA Stories includes thoughtful features and behind-the-scenes glimpses of museum work. Current highlights include the second part of artists Elissa Blount Moorhead and Bradford Young in conversation with Arthur Jafa and an eight-minute guided meditation with Mark Rothko's Black Over Reds.
BMA Go Mobile
The museum has repurposed BMA Go Mobile in-museum smartphone tours for people to use at home with tours for families, teens, and other special interests.
BMA Shop Online
The BMA Shop has expanded its selection of online merchandise. Shop online at any time!